This is a varied part-time role as an Assistant Accountant within a successful company based in offices in Millbrook, near Southampton, Hampshire although initially working remotely.
This is a part-time position, 25-30 hours per week spread over 4 - 5 days.
ICS Robotics & Automation Ltd is a UK market leader in the manufacture of bespoke robotic welding and handling systems with a well-established brand and reputation. Having recently been acquired by AWL, a global robotic automation supplier, ICS is embarking on an ambitious business growth and development plan. ICS is currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join its Finance Team on a fixed term of 12 months to cover maternity absence.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be part of a small friendly team reporting directly to our Finance Manager. You will have a varied and interesting role including the following responsibilities:
- Sales Ledger including credit control
- Purchase Ledger including invoice matching and payment runs
- Bank & cash reconciliations
- Company credit card and expenses reconciliations
- VAT Returns
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts for presentation to the MD and submission to the Parent Company; including prepayments, accruals & provisions, maintenance of the fixed asset register and balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing ad-hoc support to both the Finance Manager and the Engineering Team
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The requirement is for a team player with an outgoing, friendly personality, good attention to detail along with an ability to multi-task and a flexible 'can-do' attitude. The following specific minimum qualifications and skill set are mandatory;
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent (grades A-C) which must include Maths and English
- An AAT qualification or equivalent industry experience
- Good all-round bookkeeping and reconciliations experience
- Good IT skills and proficiency in MS Office Products including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with attention to detail and accuracy
- Also experience of Sage 50 Accounts or Access Factory Master would be a distinct advantage
Salary and Benefits
Competitive Salary depending on previous experience and qualifications.
Annual Profit Related Bonus
Pension and Life Cover
25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays pro-rata
If you are interested in this Assistant Accountant opportunity, please submit your CV with covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the requirements for this position. Emails to email@example.com