We are looking for a hands-on, energetic, and people-oriented Commercial Director for our location in Southampton UK to join us in our journey and to lead and drive the Sales-efforts of the company! Are you willing to grow along with us?!
ICS Robotics & Automation Ltd is an over 30 years young, UK-based, fully autonomous company, specialized in robotized welding- and handling system integration and is part of the Dutch-based AWL group. Actually consisting of 22 experienced and mostly multitasking colleagues, based in Southampton, ICS successfully realizes automation projects from idea-generation to engineering, manufacturing to service, and everything in between.
As a replacement for our Managing Director, ICS has, in line with the leadership of our Dutch Business Units, chosen for a dual-headed leadership team, where the Commercial and Operations Director both lead the company forwards into a new phase. With robotized welding projects as a firm and longstanding core business, ICS is now moving into the growing market of robotized handling projects, including; 3rd party Machine Integration, Vision Technology, and complex End of arm tooling (EOAT).
To complete the leadership team and partner up with the experienced Operations Director, ICS is now looking for a dynamic and energetic Commercial Director to lead and drive the Sales-efforts of the company. Following and also benefiting from the breakthrough innovations of the mother company, it is expected that the new Commercial Director is capable of launching ICS into the UK part of this industry, without losing her own creative automation capabilities. Experience in or affinity with the logistics market, i.e. the fast-developing industry of warehouse logistics and item handling, is, therefore, a personal qualifier.
Furthermore, we are looking for a person that possesses:
- Sales experience in business to business, willing to contribute to the sales efforts as well as to lead the sales team;
- A strategic approach to sales, leading the marketing efforts;
- A positive work attitude, sound work ethic;
- Seeing a broad management portfolio as a development challenge;
- Affinity with numbers, people, and small and medium enterprises;
- Your natural leadership qualities enable you to get the best out of people and motivate staff. You are visible on the shop floor, a team player, and willing to blend into the ICS team;
- The will to live and work from the home base Southampton area.
- Commercial director for an SME company with unique robotic automation capabilities;
- Positioning ICS in the industrial markets of robotized (material) handling;
- A leading role in budgeting and forecasting. The existing Finance-manager reports to the Commercial Director;
- Co-lead the company, forming one leadership team with the existing Operations Director.
What we offer
A challenging, inspiring, and professional high-tech work environment with a pleasant and familiar working atmosphere. We know that our employees are key to the success of our business. Being part of a global group gives us the opportunity to collaborate with different countries and experience working within different cultures. There are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this, we offer competitive salary and benefits packages.