This is an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer with experience of Wiring and Assembly of Automation Equipment or Industrial Machines. This position is based in Southampton, Hampshire with some travel to customer sites throughout the UK.
Competitive salary plus paid overtime, annual profit related bonus, 5% pension contribution and life cover.
As a System Build Engineer you will have a varied and interesting role in the System Build Team, building, installing and supporting our Robotic Automation Systems, with a diverse range of responsibilities, including;
- Electrical Control Panel Build
- Wiring of Robotic Automation Systems
- Mechanical Assembly of Robot Systems and Mechanical Fitting of peripheral devices
- Wiring and Piping of Welding Fixtures
- Fault Finding and Routine Servicing of Robotic Systems
- An opportunity to learn Robot Programming, Robot Set-up and Commissioning skills
This position is based at our premises in Southampton with some travel to customer sites throughout the UK and you should be prepared to stay away overnight on average 2-3 nights per month (car provided and expenses paid). There is also a requirement for some weekday and occasional weekend overtime working.
Required Skills and Experience
As an Electrical Engineer/System Build Engineer you will possess the following skills and attributes;
- A sound electrical engineering background including knowledge of electrical control systems with the ability to read technical drawings in both electrical and pneumatic disciplines.
- Ability to read technical mechanical drawings is preferable but not essential
- Experience commissioning and fault finding is preferable but not essential
- Some mechanical fitting and assembly skills
- 5 GCSE's grades A - C (or equivalent) along with a relevant engineering apprenticeship as a minimum but a higher level qualification would be a distinct advantage
- You will be self-motivated, flexible and resourceful with a keen desire to progress your career
As long as you have the skills and attributes described above, gained in an industrial environment, and you are keen to learn, you will find this an ideal opportunity to expand your skill set in a technically challenging environment.
Apply now by sending a covering letter and cv by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
An excellent career opportunity for an Electrical Engineer, Machine Wirer, Control Panel Wireman or Electrical Technician with Industrial Machine experience.